Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Extreme Happiness

I was so fortunate to shake hands with Aleksander Gamme from Norway at the Banff Mountain Film Festival. This guy cross country skied unsupported to the South Pole and back to the coast along with Cas and Jonesy... but you'll have to watch Crossing the Ice to get the full story. This is how he felt after opening one of the caches he had left behind on his way to the South Pole. On his return to the coast of Antarctica he finds his cache and... well I'll let you take a look. You don't need to speak Norwegian to understand this feeling:


Maybe I didn't feel this good when I drove away from the festival after having met so many amazing people and hearing so many wonderful stories... but I was in that zone! More later...

1 comment:

  1. That was definitely one of my favourite films from the past festival in Regina. The Christmas scene with the bacon evokes similar feelings. I especially enjoyed how this film ended. Would love to hear more about your experiences at the festival.

    ReplyDelete